Iranian Bitumen 60/70
Bitumen 60/70 with Iranian origin is produced and exported by Farazoil, supplying Bitumen 60-70 is our profession.
Bitumen 60/70 is known as loose bitumen in the market
The vast majority of bitumen used in asphalt for road construction is bitumen . The full name of this grade is bitumen penetration grade 60/70 and it is one of the most widely used bitumen grades in the world. Bitumen60/70 , also called smooth bitumen, works well in almost any application. Because this degree of bitumen is suitable for road construction in a wide range of temperatures (from -22 to +76).
For more information on bitumen grade production, specifications and applications, continue reading.
The Impact of Environmental Conditions on the Properties of Bitumen 60/70
What is Bitumen 60/70?
People know 60/70 bitumen as loose bitumen.
It is a black substance made up of organic hydrocarbons with complex compounds.
People also produce it in bitumen units through the oxidation process on the vacuum bottom with a grade of penetration of 60/70.
They mix this bitumen with minerals that we can see in nature.
Specifications of Bitumen 60/70 :
- The consistency of bitumen depends on its temperature.
- people also know it as a raw material for other bitumen products.
- The type of crude oil and the refining method have a direct relationship with the temperature and hardness of the bitumen. The penetration grade of 60/70 ranges between 6 to 7 millimeters.
- Humans know it as heavy and suitable bitumen, which is ideal for building and repairing roads .
- It is commonly used to produce asphalt, especially hot mix asphalt, which serves as a surface coating.
- The softening point of this type of bitumen ranges between 49 to 56 degrees Celsius. It is thermoplastic that is similar to synthetic resin.
- This material also has high viscosity and widely used.
Application of Bitumen 60/70
Its applications are as follows:
Its application in road construction projects and temperate climate , Production of some primary layers of asphalt and insulation, Its application in road construction and construction industry.
This material has uses. They are as follows:
- Road surfacing: People use tar 60\70 as the main material in the production of asphalt.
They also use it as a primary layer in road construction and repair.
As a result, roads are resistant to corrosion, adhesion and reaction.
- Insulation: People use tar 60\70 to produce different types of insulation such as waterproof and thermal insulation.
- Surface coating: Individuals use pitch 60\70 in covering different surfaces such as sidewalks, parking, airports and other asphalt surfaces.
These coatings inhibit water & other climatic factors and make the surfaces resistant and beautiful.
- Petroleum industry: People use tar 60\70 for a variety of uses in the petroleum industry such as the production of stabilizers, insulation, adhesives and oils.
- Flooring, water and sewage industries, fire proofing , coating in construction & repair of roofs, production of insulation materials & adhesives, producing anti- corrosion materials.
People export a large amount of pitch 60\70 to other countries.
The Effect of Environment Conditions on Properties of Bitumen 60\70
Environmental conditions have also effects on the properties of pitch 60\70 that we must consider environmental factors.
These factors are as follows:
Temperature, humidity, atmospheric changes and the impact of the storage environment.
If you stay with us until the end, we will explain each of these factors.
The Effect of Temperature on the Properties of Pitch 60\70
v Viscosity Behavior
Ambient temperature and temperature changes can effect on tar viscosity.
Ø Low Temperatures
If the temperature of tar 60\70 is high, it will become soft and smooth.
As a result, it has less resistance to deformation and becomes brittle.
The viscosity of tar increases and acts harder and thicker.
Ø High Temperatures
If the temperature is high, the viscosity of the tar decreases and is in the form of liquid and dilute.
As a result, it can affect the quality and implementation of tar products.
v Softening Point
60\70 pitch softening point temperature indicates when the tar is softened .
This material becomes softer at higher temperatures but if the temperature is lower, the bitumen is stiffer and less changeable.
According to next above, people use it in road construction and asphalt coating.
v Thermal Stability
If the temperature is high, it can change the thermal properties of tar 60\70.
It may be converted to bituminous materials at high temperatures and loses its thermal stability.
They use thermal resistance additives such as sulfur powder to resist the effect.
- Elastic Behavior
Temperature can affect the elastic behavior of tar. If the temperature is low, the bitumen may be inelastic but it is elastic at high temperatures.
Impact of Shelf Life
Temperature can increase the life of tar 60\70.
If the temperature is high, the life of this material will increase but the temperature is low, the life of this material will decrease.
People can use methods to increase the life of tar. These methods are as follows:
Keep at the right temperatures and use of thermal preservation methods such as storage in insulated tanks.
The Effect of Thermal Changes on Cracks
Factors aggravating of cracks in tar 60\70 are as follows:
Extreme temperatures and sudden thermal changes.
You can deal with this problem by using engineering methods such as changing tar formulation.
The Effect of Moisture on Properties of Pitch of Grade 60\70
The effect of humidity on the properties of tar 60\70 is also as follows:
Reduce adhesion properties and stability, direct impact on properties of bitumen 60\70, reducing the adhesion of pitch 60\70, less interaction with the road surface, reducing the stability of pitch 60\70, impact of physical properties of tar 60\70, increasing the permeability of tar and changing its properties due to water absorption.
If you want to preserve the properties of tar 60\70, you can use waterproof coatings to prevent moisture from entering.
The Impact of Weather Variations on properties of tar 60\70
The following factors will change the properties of pitch 60\70:
Rain, sunshine, wind and cold.